I am very glad to have been invited to participate in the iArchitecture Collaborative Project started by Thomas Cochrane, Academic Advisor in eLearning & Learning Technologies at Unitec Auckland (New Zealand). The project aims to promote international collaboration between student groups and collaborative teaching using mobile Web 2.0 tools. Some of the first ideas are to use:
- Twitter for communication and sharing of ideas
- Student blogs for recording project progress and peer-feedback
- Mobile student-generated media (e.g. images on Flickr or videos on YouTube)
- Student-team projects in each country/course
- Skype remote presentations from each project leader
Participants in iArchitecture Project are Unitec New Zealand, Sheffield University, Salford University, University of Tarragona and Beuth University of Applied Sciences Berlin.
To communicate and share ideas and artifacts related to this project we use the hashtag #iarch2011 (Twitter, YouTube etc.)
You can find our introductory videos on YouTube.
Here is my introduction, which I recorded today using my LG mobile phone and sending it directly to YouTube via WLAN.